You have no items in your shopping cart.
The 2nd Edition Primer Lesson Book introduces the keyboard, note values, and the grand staff. Students play in C 5-finger scale patterns, develop recognition of steps and skips, and learn letter names independent of finger number. Musicianship is built through the use of dynamics and coloristic experimentation with the pedal. The book is organized into units which represent the major concepts and skills. As new units are introduced, earlier concepts and skills are constantly reviewed.
The 2nd Edition Level 1 Lesson Book introduces all the notes of the grand staff, elementary chord playing, and the concept of tonic and dominant notes. Students play in varied positions, reinforcing reading skills and recognizing intervals through the 5th. Musicianship is built with the introduction of legato and staccato touches. This level continues the interval orientation to reading across the full range of the Grand Staff. The 5-finger approach is presented here in a fresh, musically appealing way.
The 2nd Edition Level 2A Lesson Book follows Piano Adventures Level 1. The book opens with a Note Reading Guide and an introduction to eighth note rhythm patterns. Students work with 5-finger transposition, functional harmony, and musical phrases. Exploration of C, G, D and A major and minor 5-finger positions builds on intervallic reading skills that were introduced in the earlier level. Appealing repertoire reinforces key concepts and encourages students to explore musical expression through varied dynamics and tempos. Selections include well-known classics from the great composers and original compositions.
Level 3A introduces 3/8 and 6/8 time signatures and the triplet. Students learn the chromatic scale, the 7th, one-octave arpeggios, and explore the key of D major. Contents include: Amazing Grace • Campbells areComing • Cool Walkin' Bass • Cossak Ride • Echoes of the Harp • Eine Kleine Nachtmusik • Ice Dancing • Joshua Fou ght the Battle of Jericho • Land of the Silver Birch • Looking-Glass River • Lunar Eclipse • March Slav • and more.
Level 3B continues to build musicianship with challenging and motivating pieces. Concepts include the octave, A minor and D minor scales (natural and harmonic minor), motive and sequence, all 12 major and minor triads, triad inversions, syncopation, and introduction to sixteenth notes. Contents include: Andante • Drummer at the Keyboard • Fiesta Espana • Gavotte • Highland Jig • House of the Rising Sun • Humoresque • Snowfall • Minuet in F • Pachelbel Canon • Phantom of the Keys • Rage Over a Lost Penny • Sea Chantey • Swing Low, Sweet Chariot • and more.
The 2nd Edition Level 4 Lesson Book follows Piano Adventures Level 3B. The book is arranged by related major and minor keys, grounding the repertoire. The emphasis on root position V7 chords, arpeggios, and “Power Scales” links applied theory to the pieces being studied. Expressive repertoire selections build a strong foundation in harmony and technique.
Level 5 FIRST EDITION continues to build musicianship with the circle of 5ths, cadences, flat key signatures, and the three forms of the minor scale. The use of octaves, arpeggios, and dynamic playing across the range of the keyboard develops pianistic skills. Contents include: Autumn Ballad • Ballade (Burgmuller) • Blue Etude • Carillon Fantasia • TheChase (Burgmuller) • Coral Reef Etude • Fanfare on America &b ull; Hot Pursuit • Jazz Reflection • Pomp and Circumstance • Rhythm Flight • Risoluto • Rolling River Etude • and more.
- Total order must be a value of $70 or more.
- Excludes Delivery to a PO Box
- Selected areas are excluded from free shipping
- We may contact you on orders over $100 for optional shipping insurance
OTHER SHIPPING TERMS
- Larger items above 120kg are excluded from this term and delivery will be quoted upon sale agreement.
- Full shipping costs must be paid, if full shipping cost is not paid customers will be contacted and orders will be changed or cancelled to meet the right postage costs to your place of residence or business.
- Orders may require someone to be on site to accept delivery, or a card may be left, and will need to be picked up from the closest pickup location. In this circumstance you will require ID to collect your parcel.
- We use various courier services and Australia post, we do not deliver to PO Boxes.
- Parcels with tracking information can be obtained by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Not all parcels will have tracking information.
- We do not offer returns for change of mind purchases.
- Warranties are covered by manufacturers
- If an item is damaged during transport delivery, it is preferred you do not accept the package, please contact us if you have any concerns.
- Any other shipping related issues please contact our email email@example.com or one of our stores during business hours.