You have no items in your shopping cart.
The Crossroads series pays homage to the style & sound of classic instruments from 1930’s America.
Tanglewood set out to create an instrument that evokes these traditional values, & commissioned the services of a very special luthier, Michael Sanden, the man behind Tanglewood Masterdesign. Michael is the creator of the Sanden Guitar company in Sweden, and now the chief design consultant for Tanglewood Guitars.
Michael started with the tree, selecting timbers that will sound good together, making the soundboards a precise measurement so they will flex and respond to the players attack, and then he braces the instrument with his own patterns to make each instrument have its own personality. It’s not just the special bracing, or the woods that are selected, or the construction method even.
All these are vital components for any guitar… but on Crossroads Michael wanted to create something very special. He wanted to make a guitar that could have the sound that any musician, professional or amateur could appreciate. He wanted to make the guitar look authentic to the 1930’s era, adding a wonderful dark tobacco burst stain to the timbers to make the Crossroads guitars look historic and simply elegant. And he demanded that the neck profiles and bridge contouring and fret inlaying should be implemented without regard to the price of manufacturing, to proudly reflect the Tanglewood ethos of outstanding value and performance.
TW CR T
- SHAPE: Travel Size
- TOP: Hand Selected Genuine Mahogany
- BACK: Mahogany
- SIDES: Mahogany
- FINGERBOARD: Tech Wood
- FINISH: Whiskey Barrel Burst Satin
- STRINGS: Bronze Light
- SKU: TWCRT
- RANGE: Crossroads
- UPC: 810944013109
- UPPER BOUT WIDTH: 230mm
- LOWER BOUT WIDTH: 300mm
- WAIST WIDTH:
- BODY DEPTH (TOP): 72mm
- BODY DEPTH (BOTTOM): 82mm
- BODY LENGTH: 390mm
- TOTAL LENGTH: 850mm
- Total order must be a value of $70 or more.
- Excludes Delivery to a PO Box
- Selected areas are excluded from free shipping
- We may contact you on orders over $100 for optional shipping insurance
OTHER SHIPPING TERMS
- Larger items above 120kg are excluded from this term and delivery will be quoted upon sale agreement.
- Full shipping costs must be paid, if full shipping cost is not paid customers will be contacted and orders will be changed or cancelled to meet the right postage costs to your place of residence or business.
- Orders may require someone to be on site to accept delivery, or a card may be left, and will need to be picked up from the closest pickup location. In this circumstance you will require ID to collect your parcel.
- We use various courier services and Australia post, we do not deliver to PO Boxes.
- Parcels with tracking information can be obtained by emailing us at email@example.com
- Not all parcels will have tracking information.
- We do not offer returns for change of mind purchases.
- Warranties are covered by manufacturers
- If an item is damaged during transport delivery, it is preferred you do not accept the package, please contact us if you have any concerns.
- Any other shipping related issues please contact our email firstname.lastname@example.org or one of our stores during business hours.